The First Crush


Pramod and Ranjitha were classmates in a school called Sacred Heart in Shimoga. Ranjitha was the most beautiful girl Pramod had ever seen in his life. He had a titanic crush on her. He moved to Bangalore when he was in 6th standard as his father got transferred. Even after several years he hasn’t forgotten her and still likes her very much. He was a very shy student in his school days. He did not know what to talk and how to talk with girls. Now, he always dreams about his first and last talk with his first crush after the exams on the last day of the school that went this way.

Pramod: H...Ha...Hi Ranjitha.
Ranjitha: Hello.
Pramod: How are you?
Ranjitha: Am fine.
Pramod: How were your exams?
Ranjitha: Ok. Yours?
Pramod: Ok ok. By the by I am Pramod. You are my classmate, I mean, I am your classmate.
Ranjitha: I know.
Pramod: Oh…am sorry. Do you like puzzles?
Ranjitha: Yes, a bit.
Pramod: Shall I ask you one?
Ranjitha: Yes.
Pramod: There are 10 packets of biscuits. Each packet contains 10 biscuits. Each biscuit of 9 packets weighs 10 gram whereas each biscuit of one packet weighs 9 gram. All packets look identical. You are given an electronic weighing machine. You can use that to weigh and note the value only once. With these given conditions how would you find the biscuit packet with biscuits weighing 9 grams?
Ranjitha: Seems a bit difficult. I think I don’t know.
Pramod: Try for a while. If you don’t get I will tell you the answer.

Ranjitha worked for about 5-10 minutes. Then…

Ranjitha: I don’t know Pramod. What’s the answer?
Pramod: Actually Ranjitha, even I do not know the answer. My elder brother asked me this problem. So I asked you.
Ranjitha: Youuuuu… Ha Ha Ha... I think its time. My mom will be waiting. I have to go home and do some packing as we are going to our native place tonight.
Pramod: Ok fine. We will meet again. Happy journey. Enjoy your holidays.
Ranjitha: Thank you. I will meet you after the holidays. You too enjoy. Tata.
Pramod: Tata.

Can you solve the problem asked by Pramod? Also, if you get to know about Ranjitha, please ask her to contact him.